Friday, July 29, 2011

Introducing the Academic Seamstress

My name is Nikki Elyce and I am a doctoral student at UCLA and aspiring seamstress - hence the "academic" in the seamstress!   While my current education is not at all fashion or sewing related (social welfare), believe it or not it or not, they share a lot in common.

Sewing, if you go beyond the "easy" patterns, takes thought, careful planning, patience, dedication, as well as problem solving skills.  Also helpful are my research skills, as well as by love of experiments - when I don't know how to do something, I'll find it somewhere or figure out how to do it on my own.

In this blog, it is my intention to create tutorials, sew along with pre-made sewing patterns, and possibly maybe someday, provide drafted sewing patterns.  You may also get the odd "day in the life" postings,  let's just see how well I do!

I have been sewing for a few years now, and have taken advantage of so many sewing tutorials and free patterns posted by other sewing bloggers and crafters, that I decided it was time for me to pay it forward and give back to the community as well - and thus, The Academic Seamstress was created.

Wecome...

No comments:

Post a Comment